This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FTP/PE4

Started by Suzanna McGee, August 12, 2016 · 5 Replies · 70 Views

Suzanna McGee

As I am now moving on PE4 push-up exercises, I'd like to get pointers so I wouldn't do them wrong… Posting a video of just one. I noticed later that my feet are a bit apart, and the course video has them together. Does it matter? Also, I am trying to have PPT here as well. Is my booty too high though? And any other thoughts you have, because the exercise descriptions do not say much. Thank you, so so so appreciated. 

(PS, I was able to do 5x5 on FTP and WP… the other two I did only 5x1… shall I move on SE1 on the first two, or keep them all four together at PE4?)

 

Everett Carroll

Nice work!

Suzanna McGee

Thank you, @Everett Carroll! I will keep working on my PE4s until I get all of them smooth :-)

Katerina Sourkova

I'm curious too... It's very easy to shift weight onto the "plank" arm when doing those. Since the point of this progression is to build up the strength to be able to do a proper fingertip pushup with both hands at the same time, the side-to-side rocking must be eliminated and as much weight as possible applied to the fingertips. That way you're building the finger strength. I'm currently finding it very though on the fingers if I'm keeping my butt in the same place, but I imagine that's the whole point...

Everett Carroll

Yes just take your time with these progressions and slowly add more weight into the straight hand.

Leo Trinidad

very nice work @Suzanna McGee spend time with it and enjoy the process :)