This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL PE4 iM

Started by Julia Quigley, August 11, 2016 · 18 Replies · 156 Views

Julia Quigley

First attempt for critique. Looks like I need to pause a bit longer at the top of each rep. Other observations? 

Thanks in advance!

 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work.

Julia Quigley

Thanks, @Alessandro Mainente! Anything to work on before moving on to the next iM?

Alessandro Mainente

Probably master the paired PE ;-)

Julia Quigley

Haha! Would if I could :) I'm seeing a PT for shoulder issues and anything in a plank position is off the table right now, so I've been working the iMs in the meantime.

Alessandro Mainente

How proficient are you in right position?

Rotator_Cuff_Stretch.jpg

Julia Quigley

Here you go. I can get my lower hand up higher (but wasn't sure if that was the point, or just the top arm). 

 

image.jpeg

Julia Quigley

Oh, and here's the other side (though the right arm is the one that's giving me trouble). 

image.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente

how much closer can you move the hands without the bands? if this is your maximal range of movement there is a very big reduction of rotator cuff mobiltiy.

Julia Quigley

Without bands I can hook my fingers with my right arm on top; I can touch fingers with my left arm on top (but it irritates my right shoulder). 

Julia Quigley

Want me to post pictures?

Julia Quigley

@Alessandro Mainente, did you want to continue the conversation? Wasn't sure if you had more to say, but missed my reply, or if you you were done :)

Alessandro Mainente

Sorry Julia, yes if you can show me a video of this exercise without bands. if you can both side and back view.

Mark Goedeke

The sniper got the first dog 10 seconds into the video.

Julia Quigley

Hahaha, @Mark Goedeke. That sniper loses points for hitting a maimed animal...that purple bandage is from having a cancerous toe removed. She didn't have a chance against a gun ;) 

@Alessandro Mainente, here's the video. My ability for internal rotation on my right arm (the problem arm) is obviously limited :( 

 

Alessandro Mainente

I don't remember , looking to the video appears that the right shoulder could have some rotator cuff limitation, not little limitation.

Julia Quigley

Interesting, @Alessandro Mainente

I've been getting STEM and active release therapy for a couple weeks and doing some typical exercises for shoulder impingement.

It hasn't been getting better so we did an ultrasound today and found inflammation / tendonosis in my proximal bicep tendon and subscapularis tendon and possible tear in my pec major tendon.

Major unhappy face :( 

Thankfulky, my superspinosis (spelling?) looked healthy. 

I'm supposed to get an MRI for more information and a better look at my labrum. 

@Mark Collins, thought you'd be interested in this update too. 

Alessandro Mainente

Well, long head bicep tendon and subscapularis are considered a part of rotator cuff. MRI will be more clear for sure.

there are evidence of cuff imbalances, usually with normal supraspinatus you should be able to show the same rom of the left arm.

Julia Quigley

Thanks for the information! This is all new to me, and I want to learn as much as I can to be well again.

The guy who did my ultrasound is pretty new to reading them, so maybe he missed sometbing on my supraspinatus. He's passing the images on to a specialist so maybe I'll hear more back on that.

I think it might be time to look for a new physio...this one seems knowledgable, but not nearly as concerned about my recovery as I am.