This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Equipment-less variant to PE1 iM?

Started by Lakshman Sankar, August 11, 2016 · 9 Replies · 178 Views

Lakshman Sankar

Hi,

I just started Handstand 2, but don't have stall bars to do the iM on PE1.  Are there any variants I can do without them?  

Everett Carroll

I have used ballet bars by sticking my feet flat against the wall. You can also use a barbell setup sometimes, depending on the setup of the rack/bench. Check out @Leo Trinidad on Instagram or FB. He has used standard weightlifting equipment as a substitute before. GST Gravity Chamber is his training page. 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Lol, I just posted this same question. What about at-home training? Any ideas on the cheap? 

Everett Carroll

A ladder securely strapped to a tree and playground equipment are some cheap stahl bar substitutes.

Leo Trinidad

stairs, tables, chairs :) there are a lot of possibilities 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Well, I found a ladder. It's in my basement and pretty medieval looking. It's in an alcove where none of the lights reach, but it's cemented into the ground as it's an emergency hatch to the outside. Gonna have to dust the cobwebs off. Form checking will be interesting, but at least I have something with which to work. Any issue with taking the time between PE and im to relocate (since I do most of my workouts in my apartment which is one floor up in the building)?

image.jpeg

Everett Carroll

There is no issue with that. You can rest with skill work and it is certainly worth it to perform the iM.

Maksis Riley

Hey @Everett Carrolli just wanted to clarify as I've been working the HS progressions in the same format as foundations; pe>iM and back with no rest. Am I to understand we should treat this work differently as you've mentioned it as skill work? Same with H1 and 2?

 

Cheers

Max

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
3 hours ago, Maksis Riley said:

Hey @Everett Carrolli just wanted to clarify as I've been working the HS progressions in the same format as foundations; pe>iM and back with no rest. Am I to understand we should treat this work differently as you've mentioned it as skill work? Same with H1 and 2?

 

Cheers

Max

 
 

 

You should re-read the introductory articles. Take as little rest as is necessary to enable you to do all your reps/sets with good form, that goes for the time between PE and im, as well as between sets. That's my understanding. It's about quality not just about getting in a workout. The goal is that hopefully, you would only rest a minute or so, but it's skill work so more rest isn't a bad thing. You'd just want to eventually bring it down.

 

For the wrist series I do one giant superset of all the pushups then I rest about a minute and go again. For the HS work I usually just go on to the next set once my head is clear and my wrists are a bit rested.

Maksis Riley

My mistake I missed that. Thank you.

 

Max