This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE1 Quick Check

Started by Vytautas Pilkauskas, August 11, 2016 · 4 Replies · 115 Views

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi all,

This is my first try to do core work after appendix surgery I had 6 weeks ago and it is bloody hard! I can barely hold a 30 seconds bHBH. A huge step back from PE3 which is still easier for me, oddly. However, this is a good opportunity to refine form again.

In this video you'll see two sets of 24s. The first one is where I tense my abs really hard and pull them down to the floor, and the other one is where I hold them kind of loosely. Both are with lower back firmly on the floor. The first one is extremely challenging and I'm all shaking while the second is moderate effort.

Which one is correct? I hope you can clearly see the difference in lower abdominal region.

Thank you!

 

Tanya Hill

Hi Vytautas, 

Glad to hear you recovered well from surgery and are back on track with your GST. 

The first set of tuck hollow body hold is the correct way. Keeping the abs tight and pulling the belly button down to the floor is exactly what you need to do. The shoulder hight and the rounding of the spine looks good as well. I can't see your toes but make sure they are pointed :)

 

 

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Thank you! 

Tanya Hill

Your welcome Vytautas. Looking forward to seeing more of your progress. 

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi, a quick question here

In particular with this exercise and following holds, what is the difference in nervous system when it's activating activating muscles between protruded and hollow abdominal muscles? What makes hollow so much harder? I'm working up to the best mastery standards but I shake a lot. I actually shake from the very first MOMENT (it's not even a matter of seconds - it starts right away) of any set but I just do the most I am able to while showing the best form at step 4x24s.

Thank you in advance.