This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

complete deload

Started by Erin Roepke, August 10, 2016 · 4 Replies · 152 Views

Erin Roepke

Hello, I've been mixing my foundation training with traditional weight lifting (deadlift bench etc.) and I was wondering, should I deload weight lifting on deload weeks as well? Like drop to 50% of my usual working weight or something?

Mikkel Ravn

Yes. It's a matter of letting your body recover, to prepare for the next cycle. Your tendons and joint don't distinguish between weightlifting and GST, it's all accumulated work.

Tanya Hill

Hi Erin, 

Weight lifting can be tricky because it is going to continuously tighten you up. I do believe de-loading your weight lifting is a great idea to help you maintain mobility gains from GST. 

 

Erin Roepke

ok makes sense. thanks guys!

Hans Fredrik Krogh

Hi Erin,

Resistance is resistance, so to me the post above doesn't make much sense. De-loading does not give you better mobility, mobility work does. 

Take the same approach with weights as you do with GST, half the working volume, as in reps/set, I would keep the weight assuming you don't usually work up to heavy singles or close to failure.