This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New achievement: ass to ankles squat

Started by Julia Quigley, August 10, 2016 · 5 Replies · 199 Views

Julia Quigley

During 2 squat 2 pike this morning, I discovered that I can now squat ass to ankles with my feet together!! :D

It's still at the edge of my capabilities, so my toes flex up to counter balance....but this wasn't even close to possible before. 

Thank you stretch series for getting me here! Raising my glass in celebration of today and in anticipation of more progress to come.

Everett Carroll

Awesome Julia!

Leo Trinidad

oh yeah! nice one Julia! :)

Patrick Rentz
On 8/10/2016 at 7:46 AM, Julia Quigley said:

During 2 squat 2 pike this morning, I discovered that I can now squat ass to ankles with my feet together!! :D

It's still at the edge of my capabilities, so my toes flex up to counter balance....but this wasn't even close to possible before. 

Thank you stretch series for getting me here! Raising my glass in celebration of today and in anticipation of more progress to come.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been doing the series? I'm getting closer and closer, too. Will be nice when I can settle into a real squat without any counter balances...

Julia Quigley

@Patrick Rentz, without going back and looking at my history in detail, I'd say I've had the stretch program for three or so months and I've had about an 80% adherence rate for the front split series.

I've recently started to do 30s holds of the kneeling Achilles stretch throughout the week as part of a limbering routine and that has helped tremendously too.

Alessandro Mainente

NIce to hear that, this means more room of improvement for your ankles.