This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Overall structure for stretch series

Started by James Kerslake, August 10, 2016 · 3 Replies · 120 Views

James Kerslake

Hi all, just purchased the stretch series and trying to work out the best way to get my routine going.

I see there is a video class for each stretch series, just trying to understand what this is. Is this an example workout for when you have the full stretch mastered and you are supposed to modify the video exercises to your ability?

And what are the individual SE progressions it gives you for then? Are you supposed to follow the video or the SE progressions like in foundation course? How do you know when you have mastered a SE progression, it doesn't give criteria for mastery like foundation. How do you design a workout/stretch session around the SE progressions? Following the video seems to have nothing to do with the SE progressions so a bit confused what the course is.

I think what I gather is the following but please correct me if I'm wrong.

1) I should pick one day a week for each of the three stretch elements, setting aside 40 minutes for the workout

2) I should follow along with the video for each one. This video doesn't change as I progress, it is the only video class for that stretch, but my ability to keep up will change as I progress through the course

This doesnt tell me where the SE stretch progressions come in or how I manage my progression and know what to do at what stage to progress.

Can anyone please help me out here? The foundation and handstand were easy to understand, it tells you what to train, how many reps and sets on what days, criteria for progression, so I am doing that with a good structure now. I'm unsure what I should be doing for the stretch course.

 

Thanks,

James

Christian Nogueira

It's simpler than Foundation. A stretch series workout you just follow all the progressions for the time that is allotted to each of them. If needed you should scale the progression but the time per position should be the same. You even have a follow along video (or just audio). Just follow along :).

You do each of the series once per week at any time you need, with the exception that you should not schedule one before your main workout (only after).

James Kerslake

Ah so the video just takes you through each progression (around 30 of them) in a single 40 minute workout? So it's not like foundation where you master one to proceed, you do each progression in the same 40 minute workout and just try and improve the mobility and ROM over time?

 

 

Tanya Hill

Hi James, 

The stretch courses are broken down with just the exercise videos or a nice follow along.  Flexibility takes time so each time you do it you will continue to improve your ROM.  I do agree with Christian on doing the stretch courses on your off day or after your workout.