This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WRS #1-4, WP(PE1-4), FKP/WR/FTP(PE1-2) FormC

Started by Ron Roitman, August 10, 2016 · 3 Replies · 83 Views

Alessandro Mainente

WRS -1- hold the fingers straight , not bending is allowed.

WRS - 2- turn forward completely the inner elbows to maximize the stretch

WRS - 3- do not bend the fingers

WRs -4 - try to fully internally rotate the arms, limitation here could be cause by tight posterior delt and rotator cuff

--------------

WP - the technique seems  good, btw try to slow down the movement by pressing strongly the back of the fingers into the wall. the tempo makes a lot of difference.

FKP - the lower part of the finger (under the knuckles) must be held on the support. I suggest you to stay on the first PE since until a easy 90° extension is showed at the end of every reps.

WR PE2 - adjust the shouolders height to wrists height , if not during radial deviation the range of movement is too reduced.

FTP - fully extend the fingers and the palm , no pike under behind the knuckles  is allowed, also if you shift to much whey on the supporting arm (the one with palm flat on wall) you are taking off to much work on the other hand. standing variation is necessary to take off some stress, you do not need to lean too much on the side.

 

 

Ron Roitman

WRS 2 - Okay got it- full external rotation of the elbows. Btw, should I keep the scapula depressed as I did in the video? I noticed I had had a tendancy to elevate them to reduce ROM.

WRS 4 -Now it all makes sense to me...  I was aware of some difficulties to perform the stretch. It must be the rotator cuff ! The problem apparently arose after my shoulder injury. I was strengthening the rotator cuff muscles , but was not stretching them as often.
Thanks for the indication. Now I know exactly what I should be attacking :)
Should I depress in this stretch as well?

--------------
FKP - I don't see the "pad"(or whatever it's called) of the index finger detaching from the support, so I'm not sure I understood the quote below. 
Is this actually another way to explain that I lack a 90° extension? If not, is there another way to describe please?

3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

the lower part of the finger (under the knuckles) must be held on the support.

 

WR/PE2 - Understood! Approximately,  how far should I distance myself with the feet from the wall while performing the 'Long Hollow' wrist mobilizations? Also must the heels stay flat on the floor or it doesn't matter?

4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

adjust the shouolders height to wrists height -  Is this tip applied to all the other PE2s too? For example, in all wrist PE2s the wrists are at shoulders' height with the exception of FTP/PE2 where the athleth's wrists are over the shoulders.

 

Thank you so much Alex! I'm going to start today's HS session soon. If I have some time to spare, I'll refilm the stretches at the end of the workout and upload today.

Alessandro Mainente

Do not be too much focused on scapulae or heels in these exercises, the purpose it is wrist conditioning. have hands at the same height takes off some work form the last, in this way you can avoid the fatigue of the lats and core before completing the set of wrists work.

90° extension means that you can bend a straight finger in order to touch the forearm (see the link below). you need to extend until a 90° is showed between finger and the upper hand.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/K317o7xfizU/maxresdefault.jpg