This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1 + IMForm Check

Started by Gary Devenish, August 10, 2016 · 5 Replies · 53 Views

Gary Devenish

HS Day Mastery Checks - HS/PE1+IM Form Check.  I think that I have a way to go on the IM part - no shoulder flexibility

HS/PE1 Form Check

Jon Douglas

Hi Gary,

I'm having trouble viewing this video-- it's much preferred that you upload to a hosting service such as YouTube (put it up as unlisted; just post the full address in your post). My connection is not always the greatest here and I would be happy to check this for you :)

Gary Devenish

Jon,

Any way I can get you to check again?  I think I've got the link fixed (file was too big last time).

Thanks, 

Gary

Cole Dano

The camera angle makes it difficult to asses, but it looks like you are letting your elbows fall out to the sides. 

Keep the elbows in line with the wrists, which will require you to use your shoulder girdle more and should help stabilise you so there is less wiggling around.

With the iM, it's not as bad as you think, first focus point is keeping those lower ribs pulled in. This is a key aspect of GST and the sooner the habit is learned the better.

Jon Douglas

Cole beat me to it, and said it all :)

Gary Devenish

Thank you both.