This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1

Started by Brandon Martin, August 10, 2016 · 3 Replies · 52 Views

Brandon Martin

Returning to PE 1 after hitting roadblocks further down the road.  I think I am probably losing posterior pelvic tilt and failing at keeping scaps depressed throughout the movement.  Going to be on this for a while as I never really mastered swivel hips and am taking the time to do so now.  Any thoughts on form would be much appreciated.  

 

 

Luke Searra

Hi Brandon thank you for your submission. I would like to see you get your hips lower while maintaining PPT, as well focusing on keeping your scapula depressed throughout the movement. Overall good focus and control.

Brandon Martin

Thanks for the feedback Luke!  Will work on those points and check back in a few weeks!

Brandon Martin

I have been working on this and filmed a set on Monday.  Hips are definitely lower, though I think they need to come down further.  I am squeezing for all I am worth, but to my eyes PPT looks suspect at best.  I am guessing that just needs more work and time (which given my struggles with swivel hips, I have in abundance for this element).  Shoulders are still coming up at the bottom of the movement (though I am focusing on keeping scaps depressed, which makes the exercise much harder).  Any focus points or tips for keeping scaps down?  Thanks again for the critique.