This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Total reps for exercises you have to left and right

Started by Jan Adriaens, August 9, 2016 · 4 Replies · 138 Views

Jan Adriaens

 

Hello,

SL/PE10 you have to do 4x10. Does this meen a Total of 20 reps?

 

thx

Luke Searra

Hello Jan, 4 x 10 means 4 sets of 10 reps = 40 total reps

Jennifer Rodriguez

Just to clarify this question, because obviously, 4x10 means 40 reps,  does R+L = 1 rep or 2 reps?  Thanks so much!

Eva Pelegrin

Hi Jennifer, 

I think we've all had that question at one point or another.:)

I made this note for myself so I can always remember the GB code and so far it's been working great for me (maybe others find it helpful too):

• For elements with alternating directions, each side counts as one rep (e.g.: SL/PE10, 10r = R, L, R, L... for 10r, 5 each side).

• For elements that primarily use each leg or arm, the notation refers to reps per side (5r = 5r right, then 5r left as in HBP/PE>iM, 

Jennifer Rodriguez

Eva, that's how I always understood it as well.  I think Jan understood something different.

Thanks for the clarification.