fractional plates

Started by Edward Smith, April 8, 2008 · 1 Replies · 3,126 Views

Edward Smith

hey everyone,

Glad to see the sight up and running again (no need to apologize coach), I've been wondering about getting some fractional plates. Are they widely available? because I've had a look in some stores (more health and fitness type ones) is it just a matter of finding a store with them or should I just go straight to a proper weightlifting store?

anyway I was thinking of exercises they would be good for:

-L-sits (all kinds, hanging, support, walking)

-planche (I'm at tuck and my major weakness is my back)

-ring strength series (more for fun then intensity having to keep your feet together)

-press handstand (I'm not anywhere near that)

-hanging leg lifts of course (and v-sits, L-sits)

-anything else? I'm sure there is

thanks in advance,

Ed

Ortprod

I found an easy way to add small incremental weight but you will need to do a bit of measuring. Go to a hardware store and get the heaviest washers they have. They are like $1 for a pack of twenty or something like that. You just have to figure out how many it takes to equal a small 2.5lb plate so you can switch it out when you hit that point.