This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 2 Question

Started by Jeff Donahue, August 9, 2016 · 2 Replies · 88 Views

Jeff Donahue

Quick question on day 2.  In the video they moved through the 4 positions rather quickly.  When doing my 15 minutes or so today of these movements, should I be continuously getting in and out of these positions or is it better to hold the positions for extended periods of time (ie - a minute each or so), or should I just be getting into the position, hold a few seconds and then move to next position?

Thanks

Jeff

 

 

Jon Douglas

Both holding the positions and moving through/between them is beneficial; feel free to spend time in the positions. It doesn't need to be minute sets at this stage but you could do so if you feel like it :) These make an excellent introduction and later, warmup for static holds, but for now they are primarily ingraining and co-ordinating the positions.

Jeff Donahue

Great, thanks for the quick reply.  Since I do the workouts at the gym, I am not in front of my computer during the workout and therefore have to write down the exercises so I don't forget and bring with me.  Just want to make sure I get my questions answered before I hit the gym.

Jeff