This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1 and iM

Started by Aileen Van Boven, August 8, 2016 · 5 Replies · 101 Views

Aileen Van Boven

Wondering how the form is coming on these. In the sPL, I noticed in the video that my elbows are bending a bit.  Two questions - are my arms in the right place? and which direction should my hands be facing, and my elbows be pointing. (I guess that is three questions) How are the swivel hips? is my hip lifting up too much?

 

Luke Searra

Hello again Aileen, in your scap shrugs (as you saw yourself), I would like you to keep your arms straight, also I would like to see your Scaps depressed and pinched (moving away from your shoulders while being pinched). Great job so far ,  keep it up.

Luke Searra

Swivel Hips: its a little tough to see from this angle Aileen, please move your camera further backward so I can completely see your body. One of the main points of performance is for your glutes to be touching the floor and remain touching the floor during all reps. From this angle it looks good but toward the end of your reps it looked like you might be rising off of the floor a little (although you are mobile enough to stay connected). Please resubmit your swivel hips video. Great job once again.

Aileen Van Boven

Hi again, I have a video of my back for the scap shrugs. Am I pinching together, to high in my shoulder? (elevated instead of depressed?) would this cause my elbows to bend ?

 

Here is a different view of my swivel hips. Is the hip lifting too much? Thanks for all the help :)

 

Leo Trinidad

hi @Aileen Van Boven your sPL/PE1 looks good just do not bend your elbows. you'll get used to it as you master this element. nice effort on your swivel hips. just take time and pause at the bottom to really feel the stretch. mobility takes time and do not worry to much about the hip height as of the moment(the goal is flat on the floor) but just do your best to reach your maximum range of motion. also try to lean a bit forward when doing swivel hips to add a little bit more stretch. :)

Aileen Van Boven

Okay thanks Leo. Helpful pointers. I will work on that!