This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WP/PE1 ROM...

Started by Patrick Rentz, August 8, 2016 · 3 Replies · 63 Views

Patrick Rentz

Sorry if this has been addressed - a quick search yielded no results.

My left wrist does not have the ROM to make contact with the wall (my right one does). I assume like everything else, stay at this step until the mobility improves? I just started HS1, but have been aware of this imbalance, as I eventually get pain in my left wrist when doing certain underhanded barbell exercises, and have been working at this mobility for a while even prior to beginning HS1. Is it common to have such a difference in mobility between each wrist? Are there any accessory mobilizations to work on that are not mentioned in HS1 that could help?

Thanks, all!

 

Everett Carroll

An imbalance between wrists is normal. As long as there is no pain, keep working this exercise and spend more time on the wrist with less ROM. Avoid the pain during barbell exercises and if it persists or gets worse, consider seeing a physio. 

Patrick Rentz

Thanks, Everett. I have gotten them loose enough that I no longer have pain during barbell exercises, just not at the full ROM yet for the GB exercise. Will keep plugging away...

Everett Carroll

Sounds good! Not a problem Patrick.