Hi guys,
I would like to know if I may post my workout notes to get some assessment... I'd post videos, but... I'm slightly embarrassed. Not by my ability but my a'belly'tee
Regards
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Aaron Hughson, August 8, 2016 · 22 Replies · 186 Views
Hi guys,
I would like to know if I may post my workout notes to get some assessment... I'd post videos, but... I'm slightly embarrassed. Not by my ability but my a'belly'tee
Regards
Please do post notes, Aaron, if that is what you're comfortable with! Also keep in mind that nobody on this forum is going to be negative towards any level of "ability". We don't tolerate it.
Thank You @Everett Carroll Well here goes...
Crab:
Noted tightness along top of traps when retracting shoulder blades together.
Noted heavier tightness on left anterior deltoid.
Noted tightness along left arm interior bicep from about 1.5" above the eye of the elbow to the center of the bicep
Strengthen PPT, Act to Engage Musculature Better.
APE:
Feeling in the hips around the glutes of falling in deeper, but felt tight as if being held up.
Even with protraction of shoulders and arms straight w/ elbows locked, found it difficult to attain fist to floor.
Note to maintain form and as time progresses will be able to settle into deep squat better. Practice better anatomical movements in RETRACTION AND PROTRACTION
Edit/Addition:
Walking in ape proves difficult to keep feet flat to ground achilles tendon's are tight. But no notable feeling of tightness in the Achilles. Perhaps a restriction elsewhere is causing my assessment to be off.
Seek Advisement.
12 minutes ago, Aaron Hughson said:Thank You @Everett Carroll Well here goes...
Crab:
Noted tightness along top of traps when retracting shoulder blades together.
Noted heavier tightness on left anterior deltoid.
Noted tightness along left arm interior bicep from about 1.5" above the eye of the elbow to the center of the bicepStrengthen PPT, Act to Engage Musculature Better.
APE:
Feeling in the hips around the glutes of falling in deeper, but felt tight as if being held up.
Even with protraction of shoulders and arms straight w/ elbows locked, found it difficult to attain fist to floor.
Note to maintain form and as time progresses will be able to settle into deep squat better. Practice better anatomical movements in RETRACTION AND PROTRACTION
This is awesome. A very good mindset of an athlete. Taking down notes and assessing yourself is gold. Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing. ![]()
Thanks @Leo Trinidad I've gone ahead and added somethings.
Please anyone who has something to say, do so. I am open to answering questions and taking on the constructive criticisms of the great many people here to achieve world class fitness.
You're doing a great job being aware of your body during training. These notes will help a lot after fundamentals is complete. It's totally normal to have imbalances like those you describe in your notes. Over time, you will work towards and develop more symmetry. For now, just hang on to these notes.
During Ape, it is okay to bring your butt higher and lean forward so you can get your fists on the ground. Remember that you want about 20% of the weight on your fists as you move forward.
Let us know if you have any other questions.
@Everett Carroll I would like to know the limits on posting form check Videos for the different fundamental elements
You are welcome to post a video onto this thread. Use YouTube or a similar website, set the privacy to unlisted, and provide us the link.
57 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:You are welcome to post a video onto this thread. Use YouTube or a similar website, set the privacy to unlisted, and provide us the link.
Just Fat or an Alien? You decide.
Just took the time to find position here in crab.
Engaged Shoulders in retraction
Engaged PPT, Abs, Thighs and Glutes.
Noted tightness along anterior deltoids, biceps and slight cramping along hamstrings.
You want to adjust your hand position so your fingertips are facing backwards. Overall, ROM is great! Hips just need to get a bit higher but that will happen over time. The adjusted hand position may make this more comfortable. Again, great note taking and attention to your body.
5 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:You want to adjust your hand position so your fingertips are facing backwards. Overall, ROM is great! Hips just need to get a bit higher but that will happen over time. The adjusted hand position may make this more comfortable. Again, great note taking and attention to your body.
@Everett Carroll Amazing the change with the hand positioning. Thank you for catching that. It surely made the crab walks easier. It seems my coordination will require more work though.
Glad it helped!
Day 2 Workout Notes
Sounds great Aaron! Nice work. Cramping in the feet is normal in the beginning.
Day 3.
Notably tight in wrist at first, pressure feeling intense at times. Upon attempting a second time, noticed pressure was far less.
Palms Down Front: Played with the direction at which the eye of elbow faced. Took note of pressure on the wrist and slight sensation of pressure flowing through to pinky fingers.
Palms Down Rear: Again played with eye of elbow direction. Pressure resided mostly on the tops of the wrist.
BoH Rear: Noted very heavy pressure on back of wrist directly into joint. Upon examination I took notice of my thumbs wanting to come up. To combat this I felt myself wrenching them down in a way. Similar to that of standing up after squatting deeply for sometime.
BoH Front: Amongst the most difficult, it is in this position that I discover my inability to go beyond 90Degrees when leaning forward.
Among all the wrist exercises outlined, I took greatest notice of my body to naturally or lazily relieve effort by slumping my shoulders. Instead I used this as a good chance to engage the shoulders down my side body, while simultaneously protracting the top of the shoulder blades apart. Also of great note was the lack of feeling a stretch along the anterior side of my forearms. Most notably the stretch is felt in the area of the Thenar and Hyper Thenar Muscles ( if my recollection of anatomy serves me correctly).
Body Positions:
Following along through the movements I discovered impingements of mobility in the front of my hips while in pike and going into straddle. I felt an almost compressing feeling of the spine while trying to maintain anterior pelvic tilt most notably in the thoracic region.
Also while in tuck I felt my rib cage dropping more heavily towards my hips as if my body couldn't sit up straight but I felt my back being flat .
This is one of the harder elements to assess
It is a lot of new positions and things to think about. Don't worry too much about noticing everything right away.
i agree with Everett. now it is good to take down notes but do not overthink it. it is better to feel it. and let your body be used to it ![]()
Thanks @Leo Trinidad and @Everett Carroll
Dang you Stiff Bear... Froggy you're my friend.
Just got asked by my girlfriend why I'm sweating so much... Honestly I'd like to know too. I have my theories about it. But I'm a nerd of sorts so perhaps a physio can que me in why a workout without much capacity could make you sweat?
Exercise generates heat and sweating is our bodies way of keeping us cool. The research I have seen shows that those who begin sweating at a lower core body temperature are more heat adapted. This can be genetic or trained through forms of heat stress like exercise and sauna use.
2 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:Exercise generates heat and sweating is our bodies way of keeping us cool. The research I have seen shows that those who begin sweating at a lower core body temperature are more heat adapted. This can be genetic or trained through forms of heat stress like exercise and sauna use.
So that's a good thing! Cool.