I've been working on this for about 4 months now. Just wondering about my ROM. I know it is probably not good enough but comparing to where I started it has improved significantly. And I can atleast do 5x15 reps quite easily with this ROM. Any tips are welcome!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Mn/PE2 Form check
Started by Shane Hille, August 8, 2016 · 5 Replies · 61 Views
As you said, the ROM still has a little ways to go, the benchmark I use is being able to touch the thumb to the floor. It also looks like you have a hard time holding the top position, one very effective way to build ROM is to pause at the top. Adding that pause for say a 5 count could be a good way to program your next cycle of this element.
Cheers, thanks Cole. I will start working with the pause at the top. Do you suggest doing 5x15 with a 5 sec hold or would that be a bit too much?
Great pointed toes Shane! I agree with Cole the pause does help, during the pause aim to sit up nice and tall with a flat back.
Maybe do the pause in-between all 15r on your last round.
I'd personally treat this as a new 'sub-element' and build up from what you can do via testing as you normally would when starting a new element, but either way will work.
1 hour ago, Cole Dano said:I'd personally treat this as a new 'sub-element' and build up from what you can do via testing as you normally would when starting a new element, but either way will work.
This is a very good approach. making a "sub-element" will only make sure you seal the mastery. thank you for sharing this Cole ![]()