This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE4 Form check

Started by Shane Hille, August 8, 2016 · 3 Replies · 44 Views

Shane Hille

Just want to check if ROM / tempo is good on these? I had a discussion with a weightlifting coach at our facility who saw me do these and told me I shouldn't arch my back higher then horizontal. Whenever I do these I do start to feel a burn in the lower back but I presume that is what should be happening right? 

Cole Dano

For GST purposes, you absolutely should arch up as high as possible, assuming no pain. Burning is just a sign of muscle fatigue and is nothing to worry about. 

Shane Hille

Thanks for the reassurance Cole. Is the ROM good on these or should I stick with them and aim for a higher arch before moving on?

Tanya Hill

Looking good Shane. One your next set keep those knees locked and bring your chin up at the top. Your ROM is looking good, just a bit of refinement and you are ready to master.