This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Applying Mastery Templates to Other Exercises

Started by Aaron Hughson, August 6, 2016 · 6 Replies · 131 Views

Aaron Hughson

 Hi guys I like to know what your take is on applying the mastery templates in place in the foundation series to say jump rope HIIT routine. I'd like to use this as part of my Warm-Up but was thinking of starting small. Like that of the 60 second template. And after mastering that moving to 120 second.

 

 Thoughts and input are much appreciated .

Jon Douglas

No reason why it couldn't work, but with exercises such as jump rope you could progress in a faster and more linear fashion. As the goal is to add more rather than consolidate mastery for the purposes of joint prep and moving to more complex variants, to me it seems a bit unnecessary. 

That said a slow start with jump rope also has its advantages as your calves and ankles will thank you :)

Alessandro Mainente

Before attempting the jump rope I suggest a minimum of 150-180 calf raised on a row with full rom.

Aaron Hughson

@Alessandro Mainente Would you suggest performing these calf raises in varying positions?

Alessandro Mainente

In the same position you will use on rope jumps. for further variations and ankles work there is the front split series.

Aaron Hughson

Awesome thanks for the insight @Alessandro Mainente

1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

In the same position you will use on rope jumps. for further variations and ankles work there is the front split series.

 

Ronnicky Roy

If you're just starting out with jump rope you might be better off with going for hops rather than time, depending on where you're at. Anytime I jump rope I'll just do a standard single hop pace and count every other jump. So 50 is 100 hops. That can easily be 1 to 1.5 minutes for some people and it's a decent warmup.