This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tuck-Up: MN/PE1

Started by Dawidas888, August 6, 2016 · 5 Replies · 199 Views

Dawidas888

Hi,

I have bruised my tailbone while doing tuck ups and now it's difficult to do them. Is this normal? How should I proceed with the training while the spot is still bruised?

Cheers,

Deividas

Everett Carroll

Hey Deividas,

This is not typical. I suggest you try these on a much softer surface and see if this eliminates the pain. If you are doing these on the softest surface you can find and still have any pain, then wait for there to be no pain before continuing to train this exercise.

It is never a good idea to train to the point of bruising. That means the surface wasn't adequate or you did too much too soon.

Best,

Everett 

Jimmie Jonsén

Hi, I have a similar problem but my wound got infected after a swim in a lake. The wound had to get some time to heal so in the meantime I've been replacing tuck ups with some kind of standing pike and on SLS/PE1 I've done regular squats. 

Alessandro Mainente

Use a mat of course.

Marino Guerrero Lao

Hi guys,

I am also working on the Foundation 1 and the first elements of the Manna and Side Levers (specifically PE1, PE2 and PE3 for both) cause me lower back pain - that made me jump these steps when I started F1.

I reached PE6 for both Manna and Side Levers (well, I am having a hard time to develop my MN/PE6 due to lack of strength to lift my legs higher up on this exercise, I think) and then decided to go back to the first elements but I am still getting lower back pain.

I think it can be my pelvic placement. I have watched the demo videos for theses elements several times but I don't really know whether I should have posterior or anterior pelvic tilt on each of them.

Can someone please clarify pelvic position on these elements, MN/PE1,2,3 and SL/PE1,2,3?

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Marino i suspect that your  hips flexor are by far stronger then abs, this can cause the lower back fatigue. for hips flexor stretch I Highly recommend the front split stretch series.