I am struggling with some injurys, again. I need some help to make sure I am doing thisngs correctly. I coudn't upload the video, so I will upload photos.
I now have 4 synovials cyst in my left wrist. Most of times they are hidden, but if I push them to much they will give me trouble, so I try to stay of them as I can. I am doing the push ups on bars. Should I keep the couting as if I was on the floor? Or should I Try to go lower than What I am doing at the moment.
At the moment I have another injury on both my feet, aquiles tendon. Can bend them a lot. With pressure it hurts. So, on the one leg squat, I can't go to the floor as it is shown on Foundation One video. For now I am posting the workouts as an "not attempt this exercise" because I can't do it in full, But I can reach this much. How should I proceed?
Joana
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Exercices with injury
Started by Joana Teixeira, August 6, 2016 · 8 Replies · 166 Views
Hi Joana,
You should never train through pain. Scale down on kneeling position and if it bothers you then perhaps stepping it back and maybe try doing incline pushups. To share an experience, i always try to go back and step it down a bit if i feel that pushing myself that would even hinder my progress in the near future. It is not worth the risk. Believe me its harder to stop.
I am adapting this exercices, so I won't feel pain. This pictures are all positions free from pain. I just wasn't sure If performing like this, is the best way to follow the progressions. Because they are easier versions.I really like the idea of incline push up. I will try it, thanks.
On the bending leg position, should I put weights? If I don't bend the foot, it is ok, no pain. I just can't lower more than shown in the picture. I got strong legs. The previous 2 variation of the exericise was extremely easy because of my kung fu training. We call it pobu position. And I was think of doing that version instead of this. But I will back down on progressions.
But if you say I should back down, than I will.
I guess either way, I should still mark this as "not attempted" on the board.
Thanks for the advices Coach Leo Trinidad
Hi Joana,
What have you been doing with yourself that you are so beat up?
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Hello Coach Sommer,
The synovial cyst are from my university times...about 15 ago. This 4th one jut appeard, can't really say how. Maybe is because of the other next to it, don't know.
The problem in the aquiles tendon was because I was running in a bad field and one of my feet step on the wrong place. The other one, I guess, try to compensate along the time and it was too much.
But I am easy to injury. It is never muscular. But for some reason, arround the joints I get injured a lot and loose mobility really fast. Every time I stop working out this happens. And this stop last about 8 months, with only 1 hour workout a week :((( My body looses strenght but also becames extremelly weak.
I am trying to get back on track and follow the Gymnastic Bodies Foundarion Training.
Have you had any medical advice on removing the cysts?
what other rehab exercises are you doing for the achilles tendon?
The first one I tried to remove it with surgery, but in practice I received a kick and it "hide". The surgery was canceled. But the doctor said the surgery could solve nothing. There was always a chance of others arround the some place, as it began to happen. For now, if I do the exercices with suport of bars, they don't give any trouble.
On the achilles tendon (nice to know how it is written) I did massage at a physiotherapist and put kinesiotape over it. Some times I pass the trigger point roll, very softly.
You will need to do alot of strength work for your achilles tendon. Your physio will know what exercises you need to focus on . In general it will be lots of calf raise isometrics, isotonics building to plyometrics.
Thank you :))))