This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE6

Started by Petri Widsten, August 6, 2016 · 10 Replies · 186 Views

Petri Widsten

I'm only really starting this element next Thursday at the earliest but made this short video to check my setup on the steps to the stage. I have sliders under my feet. Is this height good or would the next step up be better?

Comments on form are welcome too.

 

Everett Carroll

Use the higher step, Petri. I also recommend more protraction and 3-5cm more lean. Pretty good overall!

Petri Widsten

Appreciate the advice, Everett. 

Jon Douglas

Be aware of your hips tending to rise just a little towards the end of the set; it's easier to raise em with a bit of a pike (thus losing your lean) on this element than leans on the floor. Keep your shape tight :)

Petri Widsten

I set my legs higher and this is now my baseline elevated lean. Today I did a series of short leans of about 10s  and hands to lower ribs to work on my form. This is the last of them. My goal is not to master eSPL in this cycle but to gain strength for PE5 and master it with hands at hips.

 

Everett Carroll

Work on a deeper lean and more protractraction. 

Petri Widsten

How's the protraction? Hope the two angles are helpful.

I can't lean more or my feet drop off the step. It's fine for this cycle but for the next cycle of PE6 with more lean I need to find a new place.

 

Jon Douglas

I'm liking the shape, but needs a touch more lean :) make sure to maintain full protraction, there are a couple places where you dip and regain ever so slightly :) Definitely coming along.

Petri Widsten

Hey Jon

Thanks. To lean more there I'd have to do a full planche :-). I'll set up where I can lean more after cycling back to PE5.

Petri Widsten

Same training today as last time but now with more lean. Is it enough?

 

Everett Carroll

Yes. Much better!