This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Three years later - testing mastery of SE14

Started by Tony Sorensen, August 5, 2016 · 9 Replies · 444 Views

Tony Sorensen

Just a quick post to highlight the benefits of patience and sticking to the programming. 

I started H1 three years ago to the day from absolutely nothing (see below) and, while I've optimistically programmed SE14 for another cycle, I tried 5x120s today just to see how far I'd come. I got three sets of 120s before the wheels came off - video below is from set 3 and despite the shoddy breath control, closing shoulders and clunky landing towards the end I'm pretty happy about it. Clearly still a lot to move on with (ribs etc) but I feel mastery of this final element is within touching distance (the iM is absolute murder however). Anyway my thanks to Coach for helping me achieve one of my life long wishes (and for showing me that with time and hard work I could do so much more), and also to Alessandro, Jon, Biren and others who have all helped me along this part of the development of my HS with their feedback and comments. To everyone else plugging away as those damn dislocates and wall runs - keep at it, it works! :) 

Before H1
2012-09-12 18.33.50.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Three years later (well last week anyway).

Snapshot 1 (25-Jun-16 14-58).jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally 120s of unparalleled trap burn. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

NIce effort Tony, huge improvements, now use  a 60'' handstand in the warm up and refine your alignment and ribs position.

Everett Carroll

Excellent. I love seeing progress like this!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Dude that progress is awesome. I'm seriously jealous. Also your workout area looks amazing. Are those crash mats and stall bars? Did you design that yourself?

Tanya Hill

Now that is a Gymnastics handstand. Well done TONY! 

 

Tony Sorensen
22 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

NIce effort Tony, huge improvements, now use  a 60'' handstand in the warm up and refine your alignment and ribs position.

Thank you Alessandro. I have seen your posts about the ribs in on another thread in the H2 forum and can see that there is still much to work on (I wouldn't have it any other way)! I look forward to dedicating more hours onto press HS once this is passed, with the iM it really beats the traps for the H2/H3 sessions!

 

21 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Excellent. I love seeing progress like this!

3 hours ago, Tanya Hill said:

Now that is a Gymnastics handstand. Well done TONY! 

 

Thanks guys - I'm in a little bubble here and its good to know that there is somewhere to share my small accomplishments where people appreciate the hard work!

 

18 hours ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Dude that progress is awesome. I'm seriously jealous. Also your workout area looks amazing. Are those crash mats and stall bars? Did you design that yourself?

Thanks Daniel :) Yep crash mat from ebay and homemade custom stall bars. They have their limitations, and I would do a few things differently if I made another set, but they're holding up well. IIRC you use a public gym right? I have serious respect for anyone doing these programs in a gym - I get to have everything where I left it and how I like it. If it annoys me I change it and I never have to worry about people staring at or commenting on my unconventional exercises (I'm looking at you HS/PE5!).

Suzanna McGee

Wow, Tony, that's a beautiful handstand. I just purchased my HS1 program 4 days ago and I look forward toward my journey. Your handstand is an inspiration. I went through PE1—PE3 in 3 days. Now, with PE4 tomorrow, I think the struggle will be real   :-) 

Biren Patel

Great job :) I logged in here today for the first time in ages wondering what's new...glad to see you've made it to the end!!!

Leo Trinidad

this is very inspirational @Tony Sorensen :)

Tony Sorensen

Thanks guys. :) It means a lot to get this kind of feedback - the wife and kids are a mixture of eyeroll and vague semi disinterest after all this time!