I've had a twist in my torso for as long as I can remember. In particular my right shoulder and chest seem to pop forward, and my right shoulder also seems a bit higher than the left. This could be related to some mild scoliosis I discovered in my lower back after 40 (when a chiropractor pointed it out on an X-ray... I'd had no idea!)
I first noticed the twist when riding horses when an instructor would push my shoulder back to where she said I was straight. I felt like I was twisting hard to the left -- It was crazy!
My question is how to deal with this. I don't have any real pain in my back, but I would like to get this straightened out as much as possible to avoid future injury. Is this the sort of thing that will work itself out if I just stick with my foundation exercises and stretch series, or would some supplementary exercises be recommended? I'd be especially curious to hear if any of you out there have successfully dealt with a similar issue.
I've attached a photo below showing my twist.
