This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE7_ Form check

Started by Eva Pelegrin, August 4, 2016 · 6 Replies · 137 Views

Eva Pelegrin

I just started this element. Unlike other strength elements this one feels easy for me. I hope I’m not doing something totally wrong.

I’m focusing on the symmetry and equal activation in both sides. It’s hard to see the straddle width from this angle, but I’m going for a 90º straddle. Maybe I could add a pair of ankle weights to make it more challenging (?) if you think it’s a good idea. Please let me know your thoughts.


Here’s another take to show the actual width of my straddle. Please excuse the view in the name of straddling!
https://youtu.be/uCamIpE4UmU

 

Mark Collins

Looks good. Extra points for doing it on a bar. No need to use ankle weights, master it and move on.

Petri Widsten

Yes, they look fine Eva. I also mastered this and PE8 on my first go. They feel easy after PE6. PE9 is hard on the grip as your legs come further away from the bars but the lifts themselves are not that hard (maybe training skin-the-cats helped there). I'm at PE10 which I've mastered on a pull-up bar but I'll re-master it with back support when I get my stall bars set up before moving on. I trained it with back support when it was available and there's not much difference training it on a bar if you avoid swinging (Cole said it's ok too).

Eva Pelegrin

Thanks for the heads up Petri. I always appreciate your comments. Looking foward to the challenges ahead!

Nicholas Murray

Eva when doing this element did you ever get any numb or tingly feelings down the outside of your hips and/or thighs? Doing this on a bar seems pretty intense, especially with no padding!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Eva, put another bat under the shoulders so that you can keep them and hips level.

Eva Pelegrin

@Nicholas Murray I never got tingling. My body remembers the "pain" from doing front balances on trapeze bar, so yeah, it's intense but doable. You can tape the bar or use cotton thick pants or neoprene pad to provide some cushion.