This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 20: Flexion and Extension

Started by Fabio Genesoni, August 4, 2016 · 4 Replies · 102 Views

Fabio Genesoni

Hi,

I have two questions about this lesson, maybe they are not so important but I just want to get them out of my mind :)

1) During shoulder flexion, in the top position, when arms are over the head, should I also make an effort to elevate the shoulders?

2)During shoulder extension, is it better to perform the exercise reaching a 90° angle with a very wide grip, or is it better to perform it with a shoulder width grip and less than 90° angle?

Thanks :)

Everett Carroll

For flexion, it is a good idea to elevate.

For extension, you want to start wide and build to shoulder width over time. If you can reach 90 degrees with a wide grip, slightly narrow the width and rebuild to 90. Rinse and repeat until you are shoulder width.

Fabio Genesoni
Ok, thanks for the clarification!
Everett Carroll

No problem, Fabio.

Aaron Hughson

Please tell me a video will accompany this.