This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE2 problems

Started by Chris Carnazzo, August 4, 2016 · 6 Replies · 234 Views

Chris Carnazzo

Hi. I'm having a lot of trouble with Manna PE2. I do not have the mobility in my adductors to perform the movement. My inner thighs barely open enough for my torso  to fit through. Years of marathon training has left them painfully tight.  How can I work on loosening this area up?  

I can do v-ups just fine. It doesn't seem to be a strength issue. Just poor flexibility. 

Thanks

Everett Carroll

I highly recommend the middle split series for this issue. I used to run ultras and had a similar issue, as I didn't begin GST until after I ran the Leadville 100.

My hips were in bad shape until I started doing focused, deep stretching and the middle split series is still what I still get the most out of. It is a slow road, rebuilding the hips after years of distance running, but it can be done.

 

Chris Carnazzo

Thanks for the tip. Why the middle split series rather than the front split series?

Everett Carroll

Middle split is more specific to tightness in straddle exercises. I had a good deal of lower leg tightness as well (Achilles, Tibialis, Gastrocnemius, etc.) so please don't get me wrong. Running made me a zombie and I have to be diligent with stretching all areas. 

Khaled Chatila

Thanks Everett, this tip helped to steer me in the right direction - I can't even do a single MN/PE2...

Note that I can do the MN/PE2 if I leave my arms on the outside of my legs, would this count as a possible scaling of the movement to help work towards doing the movement with the arms through the legs? or I just keep entering "can't do any reps" when it's time to do the MN/PE2 exercise during my schedule?

I've been doing the Middle Splits series for 5 weeks and I would hazard a guess that my first attempt today is probably way better than had I tried to do this 5 weeks or so back :)

Alessandro Mainente

Can you show please how is your level on MN IM1?

Mark Collins

The middlespit series is perfect for the straddle up.