This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLPE4 - One side more tired than the other

Started by Ryan Reynolds, August 3, 2016 · 6 Replies · 61 Views

Ryan Reynolds

I tested mastery of SL PE4 yesterday and I did 10 - 7 - 7 - 7 - 6.  The muscles on my low back on my right side felt like they were fully engorged and exhausted but I didn't feel much on my left.  I was wondering does this mean my right side was weaker?  Or was my right side doing more of the work and the left not really activating?  Is it possible in the arch ups to have a dominant working side and how can you tell the difference. 

I often wonder about this with push ups and scap pushups as well.  I'm left handed and I wonder if each side is pushing the same.

Is there a way to test or improve the balance of work done by each side of the body.

Luke Searra

Thank you for the post Ryan. In my experience thus far tighter muscles on one side usually mean a couple of things one of them that one side of your body is stronger - the other possibility being that you have a mobility issue and you unconsciously compensate for it with the one side of your body. Why not send us a video of both movements to see how you are moving.

Ryan Reynolds

I will take a video next time.  I thought I had a pretty good understanding of what I should be trying to do and the gym was crowded so I didn't video.  It wasn't till after and I felt the difference between the two sides that I was curious about what might be going on.

Luke Searra

Alright Let's try to see what's happening

Eva Pelegrin

Ryan, do you play squash (or other racquet sports)? and you're a lefty? Right there you may find your answer, but let's wait to see your video first.:)

Luke Searra

Good thinking Eva

Ryan Reynolds

Yes squash, racquet ball, I hoped it was just a weak side playing out but I literally felt nothing at all on the left. It was a thing that made me go hmmm.