This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE 3 Mastery Check

Started by Jeremy Aldridge, August 3, 2016 · 10 Replies · 95 Views

Jeremy Aldridge

Is this ok to move on, or does it need more refinement?


 

Igor De Britto

This exercise demands that you arch on both ends: up and down. Like that, you'll hit the obliques with the different tension vectors to work them properly =)

So try when you go up too!

As per the iM, You are supposed to have the ribs pulled in (which I can't check because of the shirt). And, if mobility allows, try pulling the elbows further back and keep them there. Great effort so far

Everett Carroll

Like Igor said, arch more strongly at the top, like your being pushed up from your bottom oblique. It looked like you could arch a bit more on the way down as well so reversing that cue, push down from the top oblique. 

Jeremy Aldridge

I will try these adjustments today during my training and if I am unable to get the correct ROM then I will drop down and revisit the previous PE's and IM's to make sure I did not jump ahead of myself. I am really glad I started posting these form checks, wish I would of done it from the start.

Everett Carroll

That sounds like a good plan. Better late than never.

Tobias Magnussen

Besides what have been stated above, then also try to make the iM movement more smooth. Seems like to me you pause in the middle right before changing sides.

Eva Pelegrin

Hi Jeremy,

If it's of any help before your session today, you can check my video here to see the arching at both ends that Everett is referring to. Not that mine is an example of perfection... but I think that sometimes it's helpful to see other people doing it other than yourself! Cheers.

Everett Carroll

Thanks Eva. It is pretty cool to see the process of refinement.

Jeremy Aldridge

Thanks for the post Eva. I had already worked out by the time I was able to watch your thread. Here is todays, I dropped down in reps and really tried to concentrate on the arch.

Y'all let me know if this is any better, or if it needs more ROM please. Thanks! Sorry for the bad lighting, I am in the oilfield and this is in our trailer. Best I can do Lol!

 

 

Jeremy Aldridge

The way I was doing it before I felt the contraction down the side of my hip vs. this way, which is all obliques. I am assuming that is where I should be feeling it. At least I was able to get a little hip strengthening in along the way!!!! Lol

Everett Carroll

Nice work. Much better Jeremy.