This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/pe3 Form check and Q's

Started by Matt Robinson, August 2, 2016 · 2 Replies · 38 Views

Matt Robinson

Just started trying to get to grips with these. First few are clunky as I'm trying to work out width to try and keep my heel on the floor. 

Q. Does my heel have to stay on the floor on the side I'm squatting on and if so can I go wider to allow that. I have bad ankle mobility which I am working on, so the only way I can keep my heel on the floor in this movement is to go wider. Was same for Cossack squats.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Matt if you notice when you are in the transition in between one side and the other (like a sumo squat) you can see that your shinbone are very close to be vertical. ideally you should have the shinbone inclined more. so yes you need to adjust the feet position.

Luke Searra

Hi Matt, thank you for your video. Your ankle mobility absolutely is your most limiting factor in this movement in addition to you being a little unfamiliar with the movement itself. Great effort so far !