This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

achilles rupture and return to GST

Started by Luke Searra, August 2, 2016 · 10 Replies · 37 Views

Luke Searra

Hi guys any advice on how to deal with this question?

Everett Carroll

I'm thinking recommend seeing a physician and take appropriate steps towards rehab, based on the diagnosis. He should still be able to continue training GST movements that don't involve or bother the Achilles.

I have an Achilles rehab program I received from my physio that worked wonders for a minor injury I suffered a couple years back.

I'm guessing this is beyond our legal bounds to provide but if it's not, I can send it in a PM (see attached images). 

 

 

image.png

image.png

Alessandro Mainente

For serious injury we do not give any suggestion, simply say that he needs a professional rehabilitation. every exercises of foundations need at least pointed toes at least or some support on feet. 

 

Everett Carroll

Thank you Alex.

Luke Searra

Good leg work, thinking and effort on that one Everett, impressive.

Mark Collins
On 3 August 2016 at 4:29 AM, Everett Carroll said:

I'm thinking recommend seeing a physician and take appropriate steps towards rehab, based on the diagnosis. He should still be able to continue training GST movements that don't involve or bother the Achilles.

I have an Achilles rehab program I received from my physio that worked wonders for a minor injury I suffered a couple years back.

I'm guessing this is beyond our legal bounds to provide but if it's not, I can send it in a PM (see attached images). 

 

 

image.png

image.png

That is not a bad protocol, but if he has an insertional tear it will make it worse. If the tear is at the heel any calf raises with the heel below the toes will compress the tendon and delay recovery. The other difficulty is tendons need appropriate loading and most people do not know how to find the sweet spot. 

It is safer to refer to a health professional who can get a better idea of the injury. That way if our advice is wrong, which it will most likely be over the internet we will be covered legally. 

Luke Searra

Great info MArk thank you

 

Everett Carroll

Thanks Mark. 

Coach Sommer

Do not provide medical advice in this instance other than to recommend that he see a medical professional to discuss surgical options.

Luke Searra

Yes Sir

Everett Carroll

Understood Coach