This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE4+iM (Form Checks & Questions)

Started by Ron Roitman, August 2, 2016 · 1 Replies · 44 Views

Ron Roitman

Hey all !

I just must get rid of these questions as I've wanted to ask them for ages. This loose end has resulted me in lack of focus during my sessions and I've figured that issue only today ><
So...let's start:

PE- When I trained with Ido Portal's group, we used to perform the 'shrimp-squat' or 'speed skater squat' in this order: first the foot would come off the ground and the knee would be second. During the eccentric part the knee would gently touch the ground first and the foot afterwards.
In foundation, however, it's noted that " The rear knee and foot touch simultaneously. " -  1) Wouldn't this make the exercise a bit easier? What approach should I follow?
2) Was I leaning too much? 
3)I'd also really appreciate any key points/instructions to perform this movement correctly(for example, what should my hands be doing? In the demo they just rest, but I kind of use them to keep my balance, am I supposted to squeeze abs & butt?, etc..)

iM- I recorded 2 variations-the first one is feet together and the second is feet at hip width. I have more ROM when the feet aren't together.  
4)What is the "correct" way to stick to?
5)How's my technique for both PE and iM?

Thank you very much!! :)
P.s I'm truely sorry for asking a fvckton of questions..

Everett Carroll

Hey Ron,

Don't be sorry for asking questions. That is what the forum is for!

1) You should follow the recommendations from Foundations. Based on the lack of control in the PE, you are not prepared for a more difficult variation, anyway. The foot and knee should be touching at the same time.  

2) You do want to reduce the amount that you are leaning forward on the PE. For now, since the movement is difficult for you, you can reach forward with your hands and lean, but eventually this should not be necessary. 

3) Keeping a tight core and glutes will help keep you more stable.

4)  For the iM, keep more posterior pelvic tilt throughout the entire movement. Keep the core and glutes engaged. Build to a mastery ROM with knees about hip width apart, as Wes explains in the course video.

5) For the PE, work on developing a smoother squat, especially as you lift off the ground. Engage the glute! For the iM, pause slightly longer at your end ROM before returning to the top of the movement.