This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

GB pro+ advice needed

Started by Fabio Genesoni, August 2, 2016 · 3 Replies · 157 Views

Fabio Genesoni

Hi,

In the last two workouts I started using GB pro+ follow along videos. (I just upgraded my foundation course because I purchased it when GB pro+ wasn't available).

I'm on step 6 on most of the PE 1 elements, or at least I thought I was. I failed to keep up with tempo and rest periods miserably.
It was expected.:)

Now the question is, how do I continue with the programming?
I thought of these options:

-I continue on step 6 and try, in time, to match follow along video's tempo.
-I re-test mastery and set a new starting point.
-I drop the level to one I could manage. I think step 4 could be right.

Could someone please help me with this?

Thank you.






Also, I noticed that, in the rush of following the guys in the video, my form worsen.
I was used to taking more time to prepare myself before starting a set, and during the exercise I was used to slowing the tempo so I can concentrate on maintain good form.
This new tempo is a bit frustrating because I feel I sacrifice good execution for speed. Any thought on this?

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Fabio, In your case you need to retest mastery using proper form and tempo. it is important to remember that a fixed tempo is not an excuse for sloppy form. If you cannot keep the assigned tempo with good form for all the reps you must start back at step 1.

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

You're likely at different steps for different exercise (even though you were previously at Step 6 for most the PE's). I would do like Alessandro said, retest mastery to give you an accurate telling of where you are with each exercise, because with Pro+ you're likely at different steps for all seven elements.

Fabio Genesoni

@Alessandro Mainente  Ok, I will retest mastery and start over. Thank you.

@Daniel Taylor-Shaut Yes, you are right. For example, SL was pretty easy to follow along, MN I was moving at half the speed of the video.