This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, August 2, 2016 · 9 Replies · 121 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yep, these are still eluding me. The last two sets I only managed 10 of a possible 15 reps, nevertheless, I performed a form check with the hopes of making sure everything is more or less dialed in (minus the muscular endurance). Also, my apologies for the camera angle on the im, I have to makeshift this mobility using a door hinge for exercise tubing, since there's nothing in my apartment that is the appropriate height.

 

 

 

 

Luke Searra

Hi Daniel, thank you for your video. The hips look pretty stationary which is great. I would prefer to see half a second between each rep so there isnt "bouncing" or using the stretch reflex to half kip the hinge row at the bottom of the movement. Great progress so far.

Eva Pelegrin

Daniel, like a machine! May I just add: slowER makes you strongER.  Let your brain see everything and the 15r will be yours in no time.

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Hmm. The pace I was going was me trying to keep pace with Pro+. I failed set 3 and 4, so in all honesty, I really think it's a muscular issue. As in, once I have the muscular strength, slow/fast, up/down, tomato/tomahto, it won't make a difference. I just wanted to be sure that the form was there, regarding the hip hinge, arm angle, and keeping my core tight (since these seem to be major sticking points for everybody on this element). In any case, I'll work on pausing the rep at the top and maintaining a slower, steadier pace when I come back to these on Friday. That will make this already difficult move harder, in the beginning. But thanks, as always, for zeroing in on specific focus points. 

Luke Searra

Yes absolutely - like I said besides the minutia - solid

Luke Searra

You're getting it

Eva Pelegrin

Oops, more than the tempo/pace, I was referring to the quality of the movement, like aiming at being steady, even keeled > nice flow > and control. Sorry if I didn't come across that way. Hope that makes more sense. Keep the progress coming!

Mark Collins

I would slow down a little and pause when retracted so you do not use momentum and miss the benefit of the end eprange strength.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
1 hour ago, Mark Collins said:

I would slow down a little and pause when retracted so you do not use momentum and miss the benefit of the end eprange strength.

 

Whether or not that was what @Eva Pelegrin and @Luke Searra meant by their suggestions on tempo, this was how I understood it. It'll take me a couple weeks/workouts to likely have the pace and strength to pull up fast enough to allow me a pause at the top (while keeping pace with Pro+), but that seems to be what is necessitated, so I will work towards that. Thanks. 

Mark Collins

Make sure at the bottom of the rep you open the hips so they are not piked.