This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE1 Form Check

Started by Johan Tideland, August 1, 2016 · 7 Replies · 82 Views

Johan Tideland

Hello, I have actually worked on the PE2 for a long while but I have not been happy with my form so I have gone back to the PE1 to make sure my form is solid. 

By the way sorry about doing it in the kitchen, sometimes you have to be a bit creative about finding a spot to train.

PE https://youtu.be/FR_5COPgsJo

im https://youtu.be/n1B7rZ1I58U

thanks in advance

Johan

Luke Searra

Hello Johan thank you for the video submissions:

PE: I think you are capable of even more protraction and I would also like to see more PPT while keeping your knees straight (they are currently slightly bent).

iM: I would like to see you try to focus the movement more on your shoulders and really get the top hand lower each swing.

Great progress so far Johan

Johan Tideland

Thanks for the feedback Luke, here is a new attempt.

PE https://youtu.be/UBMG5mubn_I

im https://youtu.be/S_R8gWDdM8U

I am really tensing my glutes to get as much PPT as I can, I do not believe that at this point I can get any more. I know that when I am standing with a neutral pelvis (perhaps a slight bit ATP is my normal state) I have quite the curve in my lumbar spine and I also seem to have a lumbar spine made of steel, it is very stiff at least when it comes to bending forward (part of why my JC are not very pretty). My point is that I feel like no matter how much PPT I have I my lumbar spine always seem to give a tendency to by slightly arched and my butt seem to stick out thus disrupting the nice straight line. I can be wrong on this and if I am please correct me, I just wanted to share my reflections on the matter. Here is a short vid of me doing some ATP and PPT to show you how it looks. https://youtu.be/Zz7m-l4DdNA

Thanks 

Johan

Alessandro Mainente

During your PPT video you are bending the knees , this suggest a tight rectus femoris and generally hips flexors. basically your need to stretch them, these muscles work against PPT.

Johan Tideland

Thanks Alessandro I will work on it. This might also explain why I feel and enormous amount of pressure in the Vertical lunge bent leg stretch and I also have really horrible ROM in that stretch.

Blah sometimes the amount of deficits I have seem almost overwhelming yet I am not very old at all. The foundation course has been such a huge eye opener for me about my body, When I started I just really wanted to learn all the cool skills (Planche , front lever ect), now what I really want the most is to have a healthy body, then the skills are secondary.

 

 

Johan Tideland

Bumping this again with a video from today's workout.

In my eyes this seems to be an alright form, but what do you guys think?

https://youtu.be/6koHW0dK7mM

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely a good improvement Johan. this form it's ok.