Hi
i'm on handstand one, and this week my exercises are getting easier, and it says 1 week to deload. I don't fully understand deload. Can someone point me to more information on this so I can get a better grasp.
Thanks
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Claire Hartley, August 1, 2016 · 4 Replies · 75 Views
Hi
i'm on handstand one, and this week my exercises are getting easier, and it says 1 week to deload. I don't fully understand deload. Can someone point me to more information on this so I can get a better grasp.
Thanks
Hey Claire. Can you be more specific as to how the exercises have become easier? What progression and step are you on and what changed from the previous weeks to this one besides difficulty?
For example i'm on; I'm just following along with what's in my daily log and log what I can do. Last week this was 4x2r Which I could get thru easily and logged that. And then this week it went to this. It seems to me that it should of gotten more challenging for me and not easier? They all went to 1 rep and tripod headstand went from 24secs down to 12 secs.
WP/PE2: 4x1r -
This sounds to me like a deload week. Deload is where the reps or time per set is cut in half. The number of sets remains the same.
Deload weeks regularly give your body a chance to catch up and recover from the 3 weeks of hard training. The workout scheduler automatically prescribes deload sets based on the step you were on during your third week of that cycle. I hope this clears things up, Claire.
Ok, thanks so much.