This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Parallel bar alternatives for Russian Dips?

Started by Adam Kirby, August 1, 2016 · 4 Replies · 172 Views

Adam Kirby

I'm just wondering how people who don't have access to parallel bars have done Russian dips?  Built your own?  Some kind of workaround?  Interested in ideas.

Alessandro Mainente

Yes Adam a, homemade version or something similar. for example in my fitness gym I have power rack with internal and external support for the bar, I use some strong loopbands to hold the bar together.

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

I had to improvise with something that might have been a slide, I found at a local playground. It was just long enough for me to lower down to upper arm support

IMAG0041.jpg

Jamie Holliday

I set a barbell in the squat rack at the gym. Loaded the bar with 80kg of plates so I felt sure it wasn't going to roll around when doing the dip. 

Luke Searra

Jamie it depends on the type of rack in my experience using barbells to as make shift parrallell bars has never been optimal. Rather try the substitute with benches and boxes as seen in the attached picture.

Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 7.03.39 AM.png