This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretch Series

Started by Wayne Smith, August 1, 2016 · 5 Replies · 256 Views

Wayne Smith

Hi,

I've been doing fundamentals/foundations for around 3 months now, and have been really pleased with the way the scheduler works and motivates me to be consistent and form a regular habit of training.  I'm now ready to incorporate the stretch series into my work. I find that my hamstrings are particularly tight (I walk a large number of steep stairs every day for my job), and I think they would likely benefit the most, at this stage, but it all needs work.  Given  that each session is advertised as 45 mins long, I think that realistically I will only be able to fit 1, possibly 2 sessions in a week, and still maintain a consistent habit.

My question is whether I will see more benefit from picking one of the series, and doing it every week, or getting the bundle, and taking 2 to 3 weeks between repeating the same stretches?

 

Thanks

Wayne

Mats Trane

I have then all and love them all! If you get all and feel you don't have time to do them every week, do them every third week BUT pick out your weak links within the courses and do them on several times a week.

If you want to work on your hamstrings and choose to buy one course pick the Front Split course

Mikel Perez

As Mats says, if you get the three you can perform them in order. There will be times when you can do two every week, but there will also be times when you can perform the three in the same week. Are you sure you want to sacrifice those glorious moments?

I find that the combination of the three is my best option, as I discovered weaknesses I never thought I had. They are absolutely revealing...

 

William Trask

@Wayne Smith  I was having a hard time deciding which one to buy first to test (knowing I'd likely end up with all three) and with the discounted pricing for the bundle I just bought all of them.

I chose to start Middle Split first. I did this one for the first two weeks and later decided to add the Thoracic Bridge in the second week.  As I've developed consistency with these two I've added the Front Split to now do all three once per week. I felt the difference so I've just created the time in the day by waking up earlier before work to do the stretch series alternating between F7 days three times a week.

I too have super tight hamstrings and was no where near a middle split. After doing all three I'd recommend starting with this one and after a week or two add the front split series.  The front split series is super hard for me as my quad and hamstrings are tighter than I appreciated when starting the middle spits. From the get go, I could do all the exercises on the middle split (except last one).  The front split series has several components in the latter half of the workout that i could barely get into to start and thus my recommendation to start middle split first.

Thoracic Bridge is also ridiculously tight for me so I can get to the stall bar work (~halfway) until I'm unable to do some of the positions. I know it's important, but at this stage don't have the mobility or equipment to assist in the training.

Hopefully this adds some insight on were to begin.

 

Jordan Cohen

What equipment do you need for thoracic bridge?

Everett Carroll

Hi Jordan,

Resistance bands and an exercise ball are the only special pieces of equipment you need.