This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE/1 Work capacity

Started by Wayne Smith, August 1, 2016 · 3 Replies · 142 Views

Wayne Smith

Hi,

I am on step 5 of this (4x9). I am finding as I near the end of the second set, my butt drops to the floor. I continue with the set with my butt on the floor to practice the hinge action, but only count the reps with the hips fixed when it comes time to log. I am able to get more than half way through all of the remaining sets before dropping my butt. Overall, I am still adding "good" reps in the final set - about 2% improvement on the completed score for the last 3 times I have worked this PE.

I know that "slow progress is still progress" and I don't feel like I need to scale down the exercise, but that could be ego talking?

Should I continue, adding 2% at a time and let the scheduler handle my progressions?

Should I stop when my butt grounds and do more sets of less reps?

Should I do more sets of less reps so my butt doesn't ground at all - I was a little surprised that the scheduler did not drop me back a step after last week, but maybe the 2% is just where I need to be?

Should I do something else, maybe a hinge hang for time after I have had some rest, or on non RC days?

I sometimes worry that it is my head causing my butt to drop, and not my body, which is something I will also work on.  It is for a similar reason that I am wondering if accepting the 2% is also being lazy?

Your advice is appreciated.

 

Cheers

Wayne

Everett Carroll

Hey Wayne. Two questions:

Were you able to complete the previous step (6 "good ones" in a row for all 4 sets) without dropping your butt down?

Can you post a video of your form?

To give you an answer in the meantime, I'd like to see you on a step that is more within reach but let's do a form check before we proceed with a final decision. Having to rest on every set is a good indicator of needing to bring it down a bit.

Wayne Smith

Thanks Everett, I will post a form check after I next do these. The 4 x 6 seemed ok, and the first set of 9 and 2nd and 3rd sets to 6 are ok.  When I logged these, I was kind of expecting the scheduler to drop me back again for the following week, but it kept me where I was.

It could also be possible that I have advanced the other 2 PEs on these days, and am just working harder over all? I move from one element to the next taking minimal rest.

Everett Carroll

You are welcome. Since you marked the previous step complete, it's going to keep you on this step. If you keep having trouble completing the next sets of 9, consider putting RC first in your workouts for a while.

Also, pending the form check, lets stay open to the idea that you may have prematurely moved forward in steps.