This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN1 stuck how to move forward?

Started by Natan Milgram, July 31, 2016 · 6 Replies · 175 Views

Natan Milgram

Hi guys, 

Been working on my tuck ups for 4 weeks now and feel like it's going nowhere (take a look My tuck up attempts ). Basically I can't get my thighs to my chest while keeping my knees together an toes pointed. 

What should I be doing to improve my mobility and coordination? 

 

Thanks! 

Cole Dano

How are you doing with SLS PE1? It requires a similar degree of compression. 

As an auxiliary drill I've had good success with assisted top position holds. You can do these by doing the tuck up near so ting you can grab like a bench. Come up like a tuck up and grab the bench and use it to pull yourself into deeper compression. Hold for bout 10s. 

Tanya Hill

Hi Natan, 

Thank you for sharing your video. Those actually aren't to bad good effort.  It will come to you, just keep working at it! 

Definitely take Cole's advice on working SLS PE1 and holding the top of the tuck position for 10s.

Natan Milgram

Thank you both! 

I'm also unable to do a single rep for sls1, however I've progressed from assisting myself with  two floor mats to just one. Therefore I feel like I'm moving in the right direction.  

Tanya Hill

Thats good to know Natan. As your Pe1 in your SLS continue to get better you will also see improvements in the tuck ups.

We love questions, so let us know if we can assist you further.

Leo Trinidad
15 hours ago, Natan Milgram said:

Hi guys, 

Been working on my tuck ups for 4 weeks now and feel like it's going nowhere (take a look My tuck up attempts ). Basically I can't get my thighs to my chest while keeping my knees together an toes pointed. 

What should I be doing to improve my mobility and coordination? 

 

Thanks! 

i agree with Tanya. your form is not that bad. i just want to share that when i started, i couldn't even keep my knees together. 

i also go with Cole's advice on compression. extra drills really come in handy.

i just want to add to keep your elbows locked even at the bottom position and also try to pause on top of each rep to strengthen your compression.

Natan Milgram

That's great feedback thanks all!