This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planch push-ups HBP/PE3

Started by David Rosenberg, July 30, 2016 · 17 Replies · 425 Views

David Rosenberg

Any suggestions on this? Thanks!

 

Luke Searra

Very good Job David. Solid. One suggestion only is to try keep more PPT (posterior Pelvic Tilt), throughout the pushup. SOLID

Everett Carroll

I agree with Luke on more PPT. I'd also like to see a slower tempo with a longer pause at the top, to ensure adequate protraction. Nice work, overall.

David Rosenberg

Great - thanks.  Will work on more PPT and slower tempo with longer pause at top.  

David Rosenberg

 

Coach Sommer

Hello David,

I like the depth of movement and the degree of forward lean; the hands are solidly between the bottom of the ribcage and the hips.

You need more protraction at the top of the movement and should maintain PPT throughout.

Overall fairly solid.  Now it is time to focus on details.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Marcus Patterson

Was about to say the same as coach, more protraction at the top of the movement, otherwise looks very nice.

David Rosenberg

 

Winter Phoenix

Hi David,

Your pushups still look solid, you have made improvements with the PPT, however, there is still not enough protraction of the scapula at the top of the movement. The refining of this end position will have a payoff down the road.  I like to imagine pressing the floor away from me as hard as I can while trying to raise my sternum to the roof. I have provided a screenshot for you to see this position.

 

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 10.51.14.png

David Rosenberg

Ah thanks. Well, I was definitely pushing my shoulders as far forward as I can, at least at this time. Though I can certainly round my upper back, which I think  will make me look more similar to that picture? 

Everett Carroll

Hi David,

Great question. As you strive for more protraction, think of pushing your sternum away from the ground, as if there were a hot poker coming toward your chest. Press down through the floor to move your sternum higher. This should greatly increase your degree of protraction. 

Alessandro Mainente

Looking to the last video my general preference it is to have your feet away from the wall. GST it is about 2 things:

-strength (basic and intermediate)

-ability to understand your body in the space which means feel where you are, where are your feet, what is your level of lean etc

Taking off all the aids make you more aware of your abilities.

David Rosenberg

@Alessandro Mainente -- is the issue that my feet are touching the wall, or that I'm trying to precisely measure my position, rather than going by feel?  

Any suggestions on how can one learn to get a consistent level of lean by feel?  I find what feels like a certain level of lean varies by how tired I am.  

Alessandro Mainente

This is the point, once you have understood the position you should be able to replicate the position without the wall, it is like doing the front lever always next to the mirror to check the horizontal position. this is one of the wrong mistakes of taking external reference all the time.

David Rosenberg

I’m back at this again. Here are two versions. The first is the one that feels more natural to me:

In the second, I’m trying to really round my upper back to make the shape like the one in the picture @Winter Phoenix posted. 

thanks for any feedback!

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, David Rosenberg said:

I’m back at this again. Here are two versions. The first is the one that feels more natural to me:

In the second, I’m trying to really round my upper back to make the shape like the one in the picture @Winter Phoenix posted. 

thanks for any feedback!

Hi David….can you post a side view? There are too many details that I cannot see from this pov.

David Rosenberg

Here are two attempts. The ver 3 was focusing more on raising my sternum, but I think the ver 4 had a little better ROM. 

Alessandro Mainente
54 minutes ago, David Rosenberg said:

Here are two attempts. The ver 3 was focusing more on raising my sternum, but I think the ver 4 had a little better ROM. 

Hi David, generally speaking the form is good...i would increase the range of motion up to chest touching the floor.