This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE1-im

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, July 29, 2016 · 15 Replies · 121 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

How do these look? I'm still on week 9 with the PE, but that form is coming along. Just wanted to know if working in the right way on these, clearly more depth and a more upright torso are to be desired (and I'm striving towards that slowly and surely). Thanks.

 

Alessandro Mainente

A bit more of twisting and lean is necessary.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Lean in the hips and twisting in the knees, correct? How about the depth, how low should I want go eventually? Parallel? Below parallel? 

 

Thanks.

Steven Gilmore

Looks similar to mine Daniel. I look forward to the answer you get as it's a weird one to feel the correct bottom of the rep.

Tanya Hill

Hi Daniel, 

You are definitely on the right track. My recommendation is to take each rep a little slower. Work on rotating your hips out to the side more as you rotate your arms in the opposite direction.  It may help to place a small chair or bench next to you and see if you are turning your hips enough to sit on the chair while maintaining feet and knees forward.

Practice makes perfection, keep it up. 

 

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
1 hour ago, Tanya Hill said:

Hi Daniel, 

You are definitely on the right track. My recommendation is to take each rep a little slower. Work on rotating your hips out to the side more as you rotate your arms in the opposite direction.  It may help to place a small chair or bench next to you and see if you are turning your hips enough to sit on the chair while maintaining feet and knees forward.

Practice makes perfection, keep it up. 

 

 

Yeah, I've heard the chair tip mentioned before. My tempo might've been off as I was on my 6th set when filming and also didn't have the Pro+ video to keep pace. 

I'll certainly keep working these slow and steady. I like the stretch on my knee and glutes it gives, as it can only be good in the long-term. Will stay the course (literally and figuratively). Thanks.

Luke Searra

That's some amazing advice and scaling from Tanya Daniel, give it a try for sure

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Would it not be more effective to have two chairs or what have you as you twist side to side? Just thinking out loud in advance of prepping for these when I revisit these on Wednesday. Thanks @Luke Searra and @Tanya Hill for your advice on this and other elements.

Luke Searra

Go ahead and with two chairs the same height Daniel

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
2 minutes ago, Luke Searra said:

Go ahead and with two chairs the same height Daniel

Logically, and thanks. I will give it a go and report back

Tanya Hill

Your welcome Daniel. We love questions, so let us know if anything else comes up.

Luke Searra

We will be waiting

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
2 minutes ago, Tanya Hill said:

Your welcome Daniel. We love questions, so let us know if anything else comes up.

Haha, I always have questions. So thanks.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Here's an updated version of me using the chairs. I also uploaded a video of me doing the PE (pardon the language, in the beginning, whoops, didn't even realize I swore). Let me know how they look. To my eyes, the PE looks good, but the IM still needs more twist and depth. If only it was as easy as coming back the next workout and being superman, but alas it is not.

 

 

 

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Bump

Everett Carroll

PE- Nice work

iM- Still more rotation necessary but this one simply takes time.