This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE1

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, July 29, 2016 · 13 Replies · 154 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Revisiting these after time off and, also, the first time completing them since Pro+ was announced. How's it looking? I've been on 5x30 for a couple weeks now and this was my sixth set after finishing all my work sets for today.

 

 

 

Eva Pelegrin

Good work Daniel! I like how you're using your thoracic range for the PE. It shows you’ve been working at this one. My preference is keeping a straight back (long spine). I believe one of the video focus points is “flat back,” so usually is better not to round (slouch) your lower back in order to get deeper into the core/spine stabilizers, but let’s wait to see what the coaches have to say. IM looks great to me, nice straight legs.

Tanya Hill

Hi Daniel,

I really enjoy seeing your progress, thank you for sharing your videos. 

On the Russian twists, Eva is correct that you need to maintain a long spine with no slouching. Push your feet flat into the floor and squeeze your knees together. Do your best to not swing the weight from side to side but a nice slow and controlled twist! 

 

Luke Searra

Great to see your progress for sure Daniel!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Gotcha. Another block of russian twists it is then. I'll work on grounding my feet better, as that might help stabilize the back (and allow me straighten out more) and help to better engage my obliques as I twist. Again, my form might've been sloppier as this was the sixth set, but no excuse. As a frame of reference then, I will think about having my lower back more so in APT than PPT (not that i'm actively hollowing in this move but as a way to visualize straightening the spine). Is that sort of the right idea?

 

I'll work on tightening it up as the 5x30 isn't too taxing, so refining my form hopefully won't end up being too drawn out.

Tanya Hill

Looking forward to more videos Daniel. 

Carlos Jimenez

Just curious - why does holding the knees together make the movement more difficult (that is, for me)?

The same goes for keeping the feet planted on the ground?

Luke Searra

Hi Carlos, letting your feet rise off of the ground you are giving your body more length and therefore short-cutting the movement. The same principle can be applied to your knees coming apart and becoming disorganized.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Here's an update from workout today. Well, a newer video (I'm not sure if my form is any better looking at the video, even though I was consciously trying to straighten out my back).

 

 

 

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Bump

Luke Searra

PE: Huge improvement for sure but I would still like to see your back EVEN straighter.

iM: Looks good to me

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Drat. Well, one more cycle it is then. I'll post back in a couple weeks of progress then. Cheers.

Leo Trinidad
9 hours ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Drat. Well, one more cycle it is then. I'll post back in a couple weeks of progress then. Cheers.

enjoy the process Daniel. refinement is neverending :) keep up the good work.

Tanya Hill

Your on your way to mastery Daniel, enjoy the journey. Great pace on the second video. :)