This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check sPL/PE5 Planche Lean

Started by Samuel Ritchie, July 28, 2016 · 14 Replies · 122 Views

Samuel Ritchie

Hey all,

I'm starting out with the planche lean and wanted to post a form check. I can't hold this position for 5x30" yet, but if I can reach that time with this form is that enough for me to move on to PE6, or do I need to get more lean / a straighter body? Based on the marker hanging down it looks like I could get another inch of forward lean.

The string should be hanging down from the waistband when my shorts are right on my hipbones, right?

Thanks so much!

IMG_3111.PNG

Alessandro Mainente

lean is good, I would increase a bit the posterior pelvic tilt and the protraction. then post a video for more accurate evaluation.

Wesley Tan

Yep just as Alex said. You can see your lower back just dipping in (so more PPT needed) and the upper back is too flat and the scapulae slightly prominent (so more protraction needed).

Luke Searra

Samuel also please realize that you doing the lean on pointed toes is not completely necessary and this should not detract from the movement.

Luke Searra

Samuel also please realize that you doing the lean on pointed toes is not completely necessary and this should not detract from the movement.

Samuel Ritchie

Perfect, thanks all. I was trying to be careful not to pike here - I'll adjust the PPT, work on my protraction and post a video.

Luke Searra

good deal Samuel

Samuel Ritchie

Okay, here's the second set from today's workout. I'm noticing that when I try to adjust and protract my shoulders, my hips pike up hard. Would love some tips on how to proceed - should I try for the assigned 4x24", or shorten up the time and make sure that every second is quality?

 

Everett Carroll

Lots of fidgeting on this one. Still more protraction necessary as well as reducing the pike in your hips that you mentioned. 

Proceed by dropping the assigned time and making every second high quality and with perfect form. 

Luke Searra

Just like Everett said Samuel, quality over quantity

Samuel Ritchie

Excellent, I'll get on it. Thanks so much, all!

Luke Searra

Our pleasure Samuel

Samuel Ritchie

Okay all, second day attempting this. I shortened the time and cleaned up some of the fidgeting plus the hip pike. Felt easier this time around - not sure if that was a wrist thing or an adjustment I made with the shoulders. Or maybe I'm missing something!

 

 

Everett Carroll

Still looking for more protraction and a little more PPT. Good work fixing the piked hips and reducing fidgeting. How is your protraction on the earlier progressions?

Luke Searra

A secondary cue Samuel is to try not to use the carpet if possible, it looks like its distracting  from your balance.