This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE2 im form check

Started by Johan Tideland, July 28, 2016 · 8 Replies · 150 Views

Johan Tideland

Hello, I am working on improving my shoulder mobility. Every day I do one set of PE1 im and PE2 im as part of my daily limbering, I have seen big improvements over the last 6-7 months.

Here are 2 videos of my PE2 im

side https://youtu.be/fk7USjyo9Ag

front and back https://youtu.be/7nSA878_vAA

I try to hold a tight body and keep PPT in the exercise, however I find that my head keeps going forward at the top of the movement, I don't know if it is too much. I have looked at at a lot of form checks of the PE2 im and it seems like a small amount of head movement forward is ok, but I don't know if I have crossed the line.

Just to give you a different perspective here is me with a wider grip https://youtu.be/dMtE1kLJUS8

If there is anything else to improve do not hesitate to comment.

Cheers

Johan

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Johan try to hold the shoulders down (ears away from shoulders) and try to lift the bar for a couple of cm more.

Johan Tideland

I will work on that, thanks Alessandro.

So basically what you are saying is that I need to widen my grip a tad bit in order to hold the shoulders down and lift the bar a bit and then work on making the grip narrower again?

Xabier Errea Mayo

One question regarding this...In both this HSPE2 im and HSPE4 im, is there any vertical movement of the shoulders allowed? or should the shoulders ONLY rotate? With the demo video camera perspective is difficult to appreciate this...

Alessandro Mainente

Shoulders should be held depressed as much as possible. shoulder itself cannot rotate because it is a complex, its component can rotate in different planes but it is not the place for deep discussion about these movements.

Johan Tideland

Hello again, here is an update of my current form, how does it look?

https://youtu.be/lncA3jW9Yx8

Cheers 

Johan

Johan Tideland

Hey, Here is my current form. I feel like I have improved my mobility since I made my first post, however I wonder if it is enough. My head seems to come forward at the top of the movement, I get the feeling that it is too much but I don't know.

In the video I do this first with a narrow grip then I do it with a wider grip just as a comparison, I don't know if it is important but I might help to judge how my mobility is on this element.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iycaYrbM6GQ

Thanks

Johan

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work JOhan, remember to set the video under "unlisted".

Johan Tideland

Thanks Alessandro. 

I have now put the video under "unlisted"