Something feels weird about the way I push, like there's a muscle I'm failing to engage.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by James Koppel, July 28, 2016 · 4 Replies · 52 Views
Something feels weird about the way I push, like there's a muscle I'm failing to engage.
Looks like you need more PPT to me. Seems as if your hips are piked and also breaking during your set. Once you get that correct PPT positon at the start, try and maintain it throughout the set. Also, you need more protraction at the top of each rep. Really try and squeeze it. I am no coach but hope this helps a little.
The top position must be completely revisited:
-more posterior pelvic tilt
-more scapular protraction
On the other side range of movement is good, slow down the tempo.
i agree with both Jeremy and Alessandro. avoid arching the lower back, do not rest your chest at the bottom and make sure you keep your reps at the same pace.
i would suggest that you post a video of your hbp|pe1 here @James Koppel![]()
Absolutely agree with Leo and Allessandro James.
1) Youre rushing the movement. 2) PPT is insufficient (posterior pelvic tilt or tucking your hips under) 3) Scapular protraction is insufficient
What I do like is the wonderful lockout of your elbows. Give it another try after revisiting the fine points and explanation of the movement and repost another video for us to help you.