Something feels weird about the way I push, like there's a muscle I'm failing to engage.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by James Koppel, July 28, 2016 · 3 Replies · 69 Views
Something feels weird about the way I push, like there's a muscle I'm failing to engage.
Can you post a video of your HBP/PE1? There are some issues that will probably be better to work out on the first progression. Those being:
-Removing the arch from your lower back. More core and glute engagement will help you achieve PPT.
-Protracting and depressing at the top.
Looking forward to the PE1 video!
Alright, here's a PE1 video taken just now:
And this was taken last year:
The most recent video is what I'm going off of:
1) Keep a steady, even tempo throughout the set. No pausing excessively or looking around.
2) Even through your shirt, I can tell you need more posterior pelvic tilt (PPT). Engaging your abdominals and glutes more to achieve greater PPT will help remove the arch from your lower back.
3) At the top of reps 2 and 3, your hips piked due to exploding up. Again, keep your glutes and core engaged.
4) Protract and depress your shoulders strongly at the top of each rep. Pushing your shoulders away from your ears is scapular depression and pushing your sternum away from the bar will spread your shoulder blades apart, which is protraction.
Keep it up! It is well worth mastering PE1 with correct form before moving to ground push-ups. On your next form check, consider posting without a shirt, as this helps us give better feedback.