This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE8 Form Check

Started by Petri Widsten, July 28, 2016 · 10 Replies · 133 Views

Petri Widsten

Is my form good enough to start training volume or do I need to improve it first?

 

Leo Trinidad

please start with locked elbows. how is your overhand grip single bar dips @Petri Widsten?

Petri Widsten

Here's some overgrip ones, Leo. I started the undergrip with straight arms but overedited the video a bit ☺

 

Alessandro Mainente

I prefer a deeper rom very useful for future korean dips development, aim to reach the sternum if possible or almost the sternum.

Petri Widsten
58 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I prefer a deeper rom very useful for future korean dips development, aim to reach the sternum if possible or almost the sternum.

Are you referring to the undergrip, Alessandro? I can do them to sternum but the legs will come forward more to balance the movement.

Alessandro Mainente

Both version should be done almost sternum, the legs movement it is fine.

Petri Widsten

Alright, thank you. I'll do them as deep as I can next time and post the videos.

Petri Widsten

New videos here. The bottom edge of the sticker on my singlet marks my target depth, sternum. If I'm looking down it's to see if I'm reaching it.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice range of movement, the point of return should be now very closer at when you feel that you are falling on the back.

Petri Widsten

Thanks  Alessandro. To clarify, do you mean I should stop just before the point where I would fall back if I went any lower? I did fall off the bar on a couple of occasions when I tried to go beyond what is shown in the videos.

I've done overgrip 5x5, but I haven't tried undergrip for 5x5 yet. Should I now focus on just undergrip from here on?

 

Alessandro Mainente

You should master both so, why not?

If you see that a couple of cm more equals to fall back, then you know the limit.