This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/SE3 tuck planche form check

Started by Kai Ewert, July 27, 2016 · 3 Replies · 98 Views

Kai Ewert

Sorry for bombarding you guys with form checks today. Finally getting a chance to upload and post a bunch of footage. This is the last one of the batch though ;)

This has been a very frustrating PE, sometimes there seems to be progress but then it goes right back to where I was and I have no idea why. What are your comments? I would say I should have terminated the set at the 0:10 mark of the video in order to only perform it while form is clean. 

 

Kai Ewert

Anyone?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Kai, 10 seconds should be your goal for the long hold. hips at shoulders level, I prefer a bit more of depression and see your lats squeezed in order to increase the depression as much as possible. how do you feel your wrists?

Kai Ewert

Thanks Alessandro. 

I think you are hitting the nail on the head with the depression, I have a suspicion that differences in depression are what makes the difference in a session that feels good and one where I feel like I "am just not there". Will try the "lats squeezed" cue. 

My wrists feel fine on this. I have been doing wrist prep as in the HS course for years, even before I started Foundation. Why?