This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pHS/PE6 form check

Started by Kai Ewert, July 27, 2016 · 6 Replies · 113 Views

Kai Ewert

Sorry about the lighting in this one, I hope it's enough to get feedback. Please give me comments on tempo, ROM, and other points I might not be aware of. 
I do realize that my ROM is larger on the first rep than the last (this was set 3 of 5), does anyone have advice on how to not have that happen? The main reason I am asking is because I have seen a lot of progress with this PE initially, when I could not get near full ROM or only do a rep or two before collapsing. Now I feel that I've been stalled at the current level - some drop in ROM on the last reps of the set - for a long time with not much visible progress...

 

Everett Carroll

Your really close! The first reps are good and, like you said, your form deteriorates towards the end of the set.

Focus on consistent form and tempo and steadily increase volume. If you think you've stalled out, throw some extra sets in that are high quality. You'll get there Kai! 

Kai Ewert

Got it. Any thoughts on increasing the reps per set rather than adding sets? 

I am asking because I have noticed that as I progress through the stages, I might feel that the rep prescription of the next stage will be rough but then I fairly quickly adapt and what once felt hard/limit in terms of number of reps becomes very doable. I've tried that approach with the pushups (start w/ sets of 20 reps) but at least in that case it hasn't brought a breakthrough...

I assume that increasing rest time is not recommended, since this PE really seems like strength work rather than skill? 

Everett Carroll

All of your handstand work is skill work so increasing rest is your best option. Rest just enough to complete each set. Don't milk the system.

Kai Ewert

Ok got it.

We need a "milking the system" emoticon!!!

Everett Carroll

:ph34r: might be the closest we have 

Kai Ewert

I was thinking more like this:

 

milking the system.jpg